A blog about the 2 loves in my life...

About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something, culinary school graduate who so happens to also be addicted to makeup!!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

SCORE!!!

Ask anybody that knows me about my feelings towards SEPHORA inside JCPenney and they will tell you that I hate it! I only go in there for emergency essentials and by emergency I mean "My black liquid eyeliner died a week and a half ago and I forgot until now (since I'm going out tonite) that I need a replacement and have exactly one hour to get ready!!!" (<--- emergency). A similar reason is what brought about a recent trip. Because I love the SEPHORA BRAND Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner in Bewitch Me (metallic deep violet), when my liquid liner died I went to get it in Must Have (matte black).



I grabbed the liner and made my way towards the SALE wall for some quick disappointment before heading home and that's when I saw it!

Originally $24 (steal!), on sale for $15!!!

This kit was made especially for their JCPenney mini stores and includes 6 items, 4 of which are FULL SIZED!!!!!

(Clockwise from top) Mini Mono Eyeshadow #23 (Aspen)
Ultra Shine Lip Gloss #15 (Cute Pink, reg. price: $14)
Atomic Volume Mascara (color not specified, reg. price: $15)
Waterproof Flashy Liner #01 (Smokey Black, reg. price: $8)
Mono Eyeshadow #03 (Catherine, reg. price: $12)
Mini Waterproof Makeup Remover



(L-R) Lipgloss #15, Flashy Liner #01, Eyeshadow #03 & #23 


MY THOUGHTS:

I love SEPHORA's eyeshadows so it's no surprise that I'm pleased with the two that I got...soft, pigmented and fall-out free. They both are shimmer shadows with silver undertones. Nice!!

The lipgloss is described on the website as "opalescent light salmon" but I disagree. It's exactly what the name says: Cute Pink...almost like a rose pink with a little shimmer, kinda sheer and really pretty. Definitely don't wanna cake this on though.

I'm gonna save the mascara for last... MOVING ON:

The eyeliner is mediocre. I like how soft it is and how easily it glides on, no tugging or pulling. The two things I don't like about it are: 1.) The color! This collection of liners offers 2 different blacks and I would've preferred the other one (#10 Deep Black). I like dramatic eyes and really like for my black liner to pop. There is no pop-ping action with this soft black (borderline grey) liner. Maybe my granny would like this... 2.) It could be because of the color but it doesn't really show up on my waterline! It glides right over it leaving minimal color behind. Maybe I'm just used to my UD 24/7 in Zero, idk...

Now back to the mascara...HATE IT!!! Ok, so maybe hate is too strong of a word...let me explain: It's the brush. Although I really like the fact that the brush is super flexible, the rubber bristles (AKA nubs) are short and spaced way too far apart so (almost) no matter what you do, you end up with about 5 uni-lash triangles protruding from your eyelids! I even tried rolling the brush on a paper towel to remove the excess...no luck! I have a few more tricks to try but something tells me that the only solution is going to be a brush swap...



Overall, I like this kit and love the fact that you get 4 full sized items for the price of the mascara alone! Even though I don't completely love every item, they WILL get used! #PleaseBelieve 


No bells and whistles, just the 5 tems from the box...not bad, huh?





No comments:

Post a Comment